miércoles, 7 de enero de 2015

Storytelling in class

Dany goes to the zoo

In the storytelling subject, we had to tell a story, without read. For this activity, I decided to create a story for my own instead of learning a story. I prefer this because I can remember better what it happens in the story. The story that I created is the following (the cursive text are the questions that I ask to my mates):

Dani is a child. He is 4 years old. He is excited because he is going to go to the zoo with his parents.
Do you want to go to the zoo with them? Ok lets go!

At first, he see the monkeys cage.
What sound do the monkeys? Well done!

-I like the monkeys!They are very nice!- say Dani.
-Yes! Look at  them, they smile us!- say his daddy.
-Wow! Look there, the lions!-say his mum.
-Grrrrrrrrr the lions are so fierce! Grrrrrrr- say Dani

Then they continue the way and they see the kangaroos
-Jump jump jump! I like jump as a kangaroo!- say Dani (jump while say this)
Can you jump like a kangaroo too? Oh right!

They continue but...
-It is very cold!- say Dani (put a freeze voice and move the hands like if you want to warm)
-Yes it is!
-We are in the penguins cave. They need the cold to survive- explain mum.

Finally, they go to see the dolphins show. Do you want to see the dolphins show too? Ok, lets go!!!
(Move the dolphins like they are swimming and dancing)
-Woooow! Look the dolphins, they swim very well!
-Yes and I like the jumps over the water!
-And look the way that they are dancing!
-They are so funny!
Dani had a great time, so he goes home singing this song:

Today we went to the zoo, to the zoo!! Today we went to the zoo, to the zoo!!!

He will never forget this day. 

To tell the story I used different images that I was sticking to the board with blue tack, when the character was appearing in the story.

I think the way that I tell the story is a good way because I include my mates in the story, they went with the characters to the zoo and they can sing the final song. Also I changed my voice to do the different characters.

Once more, I tried to tell this story to the children with whom I work but including the movements and sounds of animals while we were advancing along the "zoo" that I created for them with toy animals. The children had a great time with this story because they took part in this, they felt as if they were actually at the zoo.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario